Sunday 21 November 2010

Roche Rock and the Legend of Jan Tregeagle

The weather has been quite dramatic in Cornwall in the last week or so. Flash floods in St Austell caused chaos for some who had to be rescued from their homes and there was talk that the beautiful 14th Century bridge in Lostwithiel would collapse.

I noticed that the sunsets had been quite dramatic so went out to Roche Rock last night to see whether I could get any nice silhouette shots of St Michael's chapel. Sadly the position of the sunset scuppered the shot I had in mind, so I settled for shooting the kids sitting on a nearby rock with the sunset instead.

Click on photographs for larger size:


Sunset at Roche Rock



Then I shot the Chapel in "blue hour".


Roche Rock and the Legend of Jan Tregeagle



Click on the photograph to read the legend about the ghost of Jan Tregeagle.

My flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment