Saturday 17 April 2010

The Cornish Fishermen Project

Well, I have been looking for something to get my teeth into.

I was feeling quite uninspired by the camera clubs competition 'People at Work'... I had thought for weeks about what I might do, but by the day the entries were due in, I still had nothing.

I didn't really want to walk into a shop and shove a camera in someones face and I wasn't even sure that would make a good shot in any case.

Then I heard that the Three Jays, a local fishing boat, was being launched (by hand, not wheels) down at Gorran Haven, a local Cornish fishing village. I didn't take much time to weigh up the options, as well, there were no options, so instead I grabbed my camera and headed off.

It was late morning, and the light was quite harsh, so I decided to use Photomatix to try and pull some detail out of the shadows and calm down the highlights. I was fairly pleased with the results over all.

There are more to come, but here is a taster:

Here is the one I entered for the competition - it came 2nd :)

(It's pretty much impossible to see them properly at this size - so for better, larger versions, click on the photograph and it will magically grow)


Boat Launch at Gorran Haven

Turning the Boat

Boat Launch at Gorran Haven


Forbes

Job Jobbed (Boat Launch at Gorran Haven)
More to follow - watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment