Friday 29 January 2010

Swans, Grey Heron and Canada Goose

After a recent talk on natural history photographs at the local camera club, I felt inspired.
I headed off to Par Beach Pool (just behind Par Beach in Cornwall) to see what was there. I haven't got a telephoto lens, and there looked like there were some more interesting birds that were sadly out of my range.

Still I managed to get some half decent attempts with my Tamron zoom lens.

This is my favourite shot, a Mute Swan Cygnet. I loved the golden tones.



Mute Swan Cygnet

There were some adult mute swans too:

Mute Swan at Sunset




Mute Swan



And a Canada Goose:


Canada Goose

I managed to borrow a lovely telephoto lens, so I returned to the pool a couple of weeks later and had more luck I think...

Canada Geese in Flight
(This looks much better large!)

A Wagtail:

Pied Wagtail



I was also really excited about catching a Grey Heron - it was only there for the briefest of moments, so I didn't have much of a chance to zoom in or compose it more thoughtfully. It does look better in a larger format (click the photograph for a larger size)



Grey Heron



My Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment